Overseeing SCE Environmental Group, Jody Cordaro has over 30 years of diverse experience covering the broad scope of environmental, construction and real estate industries of the United States and internationally, with emphasis on strategic and operational analysis; mergers and acquisitions; and business and organizational development. His record of achievement is defined by strategic management of human capital, service delivery, innovation, and the creation, implementation, and management of cross functional remediation and disaster relief response efforts.
Teams under his direction have been deployed to national and environmental emergencies including 9/11 World Trade Center, Anthrax response, Hurricanes Katrina, Ivan and Sandy, and the BP Oil Spill.
Mr. Cordaro has grown his company from a small start-up, boutique organization to highly organized, well respected 200+ person institution. His corporate approach to “Partnering” has seen SCE work with some of the largest A&E firms in the world.
With diverse construction and environmental project experience, Butler is a well-accomplished leader and trainer. With over 15 years’ experience in environmental construction, he is an expert in waste water treatment, facility decontamination, demolition, soil excavation, mold remediation, water / vapor extraction systems, and confined space entry tasks. In addition, numerous projects under his direction have required the installation of monitoring wells and Butler has managed the sampling and reporting requirements for many of those installations.
Placing safety as his first priority, Butler has extensive, progressive, hands-on construction experience in managing firm, fixed price projects from inception to completion. His responsibilities focus on the field operations of a wide variety of projects, with areas of core competency including site work, environmental remediation, oil & gas, demolition, and large earthmoving projects.
Talerico provides assistance to SCE’s operating entities to ensure sustainable growth and operational efficiency across all divisions within the company. His primary focus is the general transaction, procurement and construction practice areas and the leadership of the the Company in legal matters and transactions to ensure compliance with legal requirements. Talerico leads and collaborates in corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives as well as provides management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, as well as the legal affairs of the company. Prior to joining SCE, Talerico was the First Assistant District Attorney in Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office for sixteen years and was the Special Assistant United States Attorney, Middle District of PA for over ten years.
An SCE Environmental Group asset for over 18 years, Wheeler has been with our firm since the beginning. Her in-depth project knowl-edge base coupled with exceptional material management, makes Wheeler an invaluable team member.
As a Project Manager, Wheeler is responsible for assisting on tasks such as on-site project management, project coordination and project controls, construction billings, cost tracking for sequential costing, job cost analysis, project schedule adherence, weekly operations meet-ings, pre-construction meetings, punch-list management and contract administration.
- BEd – Education, Wilkes University
Specialized Training / Certifications / Registrations
- First Aid / CPR / AED
- Port Authority of NY and NJ. SCE is signatory to multi-year con-tracts with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for the abatement of asbestos, lead and universal waste at the former World Trade Center in New York City, and several marine terminals operated by the Authority including Port Newark and Port Jersey. Jobs are assigned via Work Orders issued from time to time. The contracts are for multiple years with renewal options and are val-ued in excess of $6 Million. Wheeler administers all of the contract requirements and transmittals under the various work orders.
- In addition, at JFK Airport, SCE was retained by the Port Authority to install new pumping systems at the Bulk Fuel Farm on premises. After installing the new equipment, SCE was retained to maintain the equipment over a two year contract. Wheeler served as Assis-tant Project Manager in the installation contract and administers all contract requirements under the maintenance agreement with the Authority.
- Scranton Lace Factory (Scranton, PA) – Wheeler served as Assistant Project Manager in SCE’s scope of work in the razing of major portions of this historic landmark to make way for a multi-function develop-ment featuring nearly 100 residential units, artisan shops, and other retail facilities. The project, known as “Laceworks Village”, is valued at more than $50 Million and has the support of state and local grants. The structure is the former Scranton Lace Factory and SCE has been one of a team of contractors assisting in the selective interior demolition of the facility. Wheeler is responsible for the administration of contract documents and submittals and for coordinating crews, materials, and services at the project.
- Baha Mar Resort (New Providence, Bahamas) – Wheeler served as Project Manager as SCE crews in-stalled a ground water treatment system at a former laundry facility located on a portion of the mega-re-sort’s property. This system includes fifteen Air Sparge wells 20’ deep, four LNAPL recovery trenches with draw down submersible pumps and skimmer pumps, and one infiltration trench with an aerator. Recovery pumps draw down the water table to provide a flow of product to the skimmer pumps. Water is then pumped to the infiltration trench for aeration and then to an Oil Water Separator. NAPL is skimmed and collected in tanks for disposal off site.
- International Projects Coordinator (Worldwide) – Instrumental in planning and implementing logistical arrangements for staff and equipment on projects worldwide including Togo, West Africa; Hsinchu City, Taiwan; and Kuwait City, Kuwait. Cooperatively, worked with local emissaries to accomplish safe and suc-cessful projects.
- PA DEP IRRSC (Various, PA) – Wheeler served as an Assistant Project Manager in this multi-year contract in which SCE provided environmental remediation and emergency response support to the PA Department of Environmental Protection. Her overall responsibilities included crew support, procurement, change order processing, bill compilation, and assuring contract compliance. Work orders under this contract included a variety of remediation efforts in residential, commercial, governmental and industrial properties in Penn-sylvania.
- RCRA Landfill (Throop, PA) – Wheeler served as Assistant Project Manager working cooperatively with op-erations, overseeing submittals, billing and client relations for a large landfill capping project. Over 290,000 CY of lead impacted soils were excavated and more than 22 acres were cleared and grubbed. Scheduled the use of more than 41 pieces of equipment that were used to exceed 11,000 CY of excavation per day on this $13.5 Million project.
- Weekly Crew Scheduling (Various Project Locations) – Wheeler is responsible for allocating weekly labor force and vehicles to various projects in the most cost effective, efficient manner.
- AS/SVE Remediation System Installation (Various) – At hundreds of system installations at locations in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, Wheeler has coordinated the submission for underground utility location and material requisition and delivery; as well as vendor and subcontractor assignments.